The Fantastic Three

Monday, November 5, 2007


There are four maquettes, but Johnny Storm (The Human Torch) is missing. I was originally going to sculpt him too, but my Peter Parker head from Mythos: Spider Man (which I'll post later on) was close enough to what I wanted... and I needed to get down to painting. For a more in depth explanation of the maquette process, please refer to the Steve Rogers post.







Again, just for scale, a pic of me holding the Thing. He's about 1 3/8" from the base of his neck to the top of his ever-lovin' dome.

6 comments :

  1. Awesome stuff. Is this for Toy production or is it just for reference use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is strictly for my own personal reference. It's easier for me to begin a fantastical drawing when I have some sort of real-world anchor in front of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I always have a hard time keeping my characters looking the same. This is a perfect way of doing so! Mind if I steal this technique from you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all (and I'm certainly not the first to do it).

      Delete
    2. By the way I miss you doing pencils for Daredevil! =(

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.