The Last Moment in Time

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Amazing Spider-Man #641, Cover. Gouache on illustration board, 11 x 17".

This is it, folks, the day everyone has been waiting for: the last issue of One Moment in Time comes out today! In case you're still not convinced it's worth the trip to the comic shop, here's a small preview.

Joe Quesada was kind enough to take the whole OMIT crew out to dinner last night, which was awesome. It was great to see everyone (especially since it seems like I only get to see my collaborators at conventions, despite the fact that we all live in New York).

Speaking of conventions, if you haven't heard yet, I'll be a guest of Megacon this March. While I've been to the convention several times, this will be my first trip as a professional, so I'm pretty excited. Plus, it's a great excuse to visit home — Orlando's just an hour away from Daytona Beach!

10 comments :

  1. It'll be awesome to see you here in Orlando, maybe even get a sketch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's within the realm of possibility. How's that for diplomatic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you say so, Narco... I certainly won't keep you from voting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I keep telling people how great the cover is. I like Coles Phillips' work, and I like your work. It's kind of a win-win.

    Also, I really like how the header is second to the image.

    (I think I saw you at Blow Up. Not sure.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I was definitely there—you should've said "hi!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to, I swear! I was in a conversation with my illustration professor, Dennis Dittrich. I didn't want to just butt out. It would be rudeness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rudeness, indeed. Until next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I work in a comic shop in PA and I see thousands of books fall onto our shelves. This is, by far, my favorite cover of 2010! It stood out and blew my mind. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.