Dark Horse Candidate

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Two Past Midnight #1 Cover. 2012. Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board, 11 × 17″.

This cover marks my first foray into Dark Horse territory — and my first non-Marvel cover since 2004. It's part of a digital comic incentive program that you can read about at Comic Book Resources. I'll be doing all 5 covers (the third of which I should really be working on right now). And just today, I finished pencils on my first X-O Manowar cover. Valiant Comics has some familiar faces (from the Marvel staff) and it's been a pleasure working with them.


Carnage. 2012. Watercolor on paper, 9 × 12″.

These are some Spidey-related commissions from earlier this year. Painting them prior to conventions has made the process much easier, but I've still got a bunch to paint before Thought Bubble in Leeds. I'm leaving next week for the UK, so I'll be taking a big blog break until after Thanksgiving (assuming I can escape from New York). More details next week. In the meantime, I'll leave you with a 15-question interview at Sequential Highway.


Spider-Man. 2012. Watercolor on paper, 9 × 12″.


Green Goblin. 2012. Watercolor on paper, 9 × 12″.

2 comments :

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.