Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 269

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

GREEN HORNET #12 COVER. 2013.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board, 11 × 17″.

Green Hornet #13 comes out today (preview here), but here's a behind-the-scenes look at the cover to #12. As evidenced by my wedding ring, you can see that I take most of my pics with my iMac using Photo Booth, which reverses the image so as to mimic a mirror. Joe Quinones is the one who got me in the habit, and he also documents the results in Photobooth Fridays. It makes taking reference super quick and easy, though it's best used for drawing — reference for paintings often needs more specific lighting situations. Lastly, I based the design of The Daily Sentinel off the many front pages featured in the 60s TV show.


POW!


inks by my Paw
blue-line print of pencils

















pencils over digital sketch
digital sketch

















digital layouts

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.